Thursday, November 13, 2008

FALL FUN!!!
We've had a lot of fun enjoying the fall chill in the air (that enjoyment obviously didn't include blogging). I thought I would include a few fun pictures of what we've been up to the last few months.

This is Ethan's ride that he picks up the neighborhood girls in. It even has a horn he honks (well... that his mom honks for him).

One of Ethan's favorite things (along with every other kid born on this planet) is the park. When we go on walks I have to take the long way so that he won't see it and have a fit because we aren't stopping. He's learned to go down the slides all by himself-unfortunately his Buddha belly slows him down more than he likes. His favorite slide is old, rickety and wobbles as you climb up it. It truly is frightening- but he loves it.
We hiked part of the Crimson Trail up Logan Canyon to enjoy the fall leaves. The trail follows the "China Wall" and offered beautiful views of the canyon and the changing leaves.
Matt and mini-Matt on our hike.


This year we went to a pumpkin patch with some of our friends to hand pick our pumpkins. Ethan could care less about the pumpkins- he found a dog (and some chickens) to befriend instead.
Every year we carve/paint pumpkins and every year I'm totally and completely embarrassed that I have no artistic ability in me. So this year I stripped Ethan down and let him paint the pumpkin.

We thought since Ethan has a pumpkin head, he'd make a perfect pumpkin for Halloween. I was surprised he only put up a mild fit when we put the costume on- although he wouldn't have anything to do with the cute stem hat. Oh well, you take what you can get right. Lucky for his mom and dad Ethan still doesn't grasp the whole Halloween thing. Translation: we got to eat all his candy (I'm sure they were all choking hazards) :)

The holistic healers approach to sooth the teething child: corn on the cob.

Besides the adorable smile and awesome distribution of cookie dough, this picture represents much more. It represents 1 Ethan-free hour where he was totally entertained licking the bowl. (For those of you who don't have kids you'll never fully appreciate how wonderful that really is).

Side Notes: Recently Ethan has begun understanding what we say to him. If you ask him if he wants to brush his teeth, he runs to the bathroom. You can ask him to get his fire engine and he'll search the entire house for it. If you ask him where his hair is he pats his head. He can point out balls and dogs in his books (although not every time). If you ask him if he wants his bottle he starts saying "bot, bot, bot."

We recently took him to the pediatrician for a late 1 year check up and he's only at the 5th percentile for his weight. (I tell Matt he gets his petite figure from him). I didn't feel too badly because the Dr. was impressed with Ethan's totally ripped quads. Maybe we should have dressed him as the Incredible Hulk for Halloween instead.