Sunday, March 15, 2009

YUMMY NIGHT

Matt spent most of yesterday touring the Draper Temple with the Young Men. So, Ethan and I had a "Yummy Night." (Yummy Night: a night consisting of all yummy things- inspiried by "yummy drinks" aka fruit smoothies).

We started out at Costa Vida where the cashier thought Ethan was so cute with his huge grin, small wave and converse shoes that she stamped my card twice! We then headed to The Fun Zone where Ethan enjoyed the "soft play"- an area of padded steps, tubes to crawl through and slides. Just as enjoyable to Ethan is the arcade there. His favorite are the race car games. He also enjoys ski ball (although I have to admit I'm worried a ball is going to fly out of his hands and hit somebody). What I enjoyed most was watching him climb up on the dance floor of Dance Dance Revolution and get his grove on (which really only consists of him bending his knees up and down to the beat- but I think it's adorable). At then end we collected his tickets and he got 10 fruities (flavored tootsie rolls). To culminate the evening we came home and shared a piece of pumpkin pie that we had made earlier.

I really was dreading Matt being gone for so long yesterday, but Ethan and I had so much fun with our yummy night. Although, if you ask Ethan he might tell you one thing was missing from yummy night- SHREK!!

2 comments:

Brooke Jackson said...

Sounds way 'yummy' to me. I love spending one on one time with my kids. Especially Cooper because I feel like I am giving him the shaft with the new baby here and all. You are such a great mom! Ethan is a lucky little boy!!!

the Kates said...

I decided to see how the lunder gunders are doing and it sounds like things are yummy! What a FUN idea!!!! Maybe sometime CK and I could join you two for a yummy night and we can end it with Shrek.... p.s. if you want to be blogging buddies- email me wooldawgsheep@yahoo.com - and I'll invite you.

Pp.s I LOVE your bloggggg