Thursday, June 4, 2009

Our Little Garden


Matt and I feel highly ambitious attempting a garden this summer. Our neighbor's health unfortunately has gone a bit down hill and they are unable to use their garden this summer. So, a few of us in the ward are trying our best to develop some green thumbs.

I actually find it really fun to check in on our little garden. Hopefully that excitement keeps up through the season. We didn't plant much; just corn, onions and peas. (we figure if we can't grow anything in Logan, UT we're in REAL trouble)!! So, I thought I'd keep updated pictures on our blog to show off either our success or failure as gardeners :)

I took Ethan with me to plant our first corn circle. I thought he'd love digging in the dirt and getting dirty. WRONG!! He was a nightmare!! He was mostly entertained stomping through everyone elses gardens. I think we might get banned from gardening with them ever again. When I finally got to the planting portion I thought he'd be more interested because he could help me put ONE seed in each hole. He proceeded to dump an entire bag of corn and pea seeds in one hole. I looked at him, sighed, and then decided it would keep him entertained for atleast 5 minutes- which was entirely worth it to me. I tried to pick up as many of the seeds as I could find but I did notice this morning when I went to check on our garden that in that same area there are about 7 shoots coming up right together. I think I'll label that portion ETHAN'S GARDEN. (Ironically, it will probably put out the best corn and peas) :)

No comments: