Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Summer Lovin'

We've had lots of fun so far this summer and wanted to share some of it.


We went to the movie UP with my family at a special showing for Larry H. Miller employees. Not only did we get into the movie for free, they also provided free treats and drinks :) Ethan had never been to a theater before so naturally being the first time parents that we are, we had to take picture. Ethan enjoyed the movie although started to get ansy after the first half. My favorite was the next day when I caught Ethan trying to mimic the old man from the movie by using my curling iron as a cane.


About a week ago Ethan was really ticked off about going to bed. And I was really ticked off he wasn't going to bed. So I decided he could just cry and cry and cry if he wanted but I wasn't going to go in to save him. Pretty soon the crying got louder and sure enough there walked Ethan out of his room. He finally figured out how to climb out of his crib (which I'm still yet to see). So we quickly graduated him to a "big boy" bed that night. He actually has done really well and is very proud of his "big boy" bed. Next step- potty training!!! (based upon the inspiration of my sister Cyndee who has potty trained 4 kids- the oldest being approx 26 mo at the time she was finally potty trained-AMAZING!!)


FUN WALKS BY THE LOGAN RIVER!!





Monkey-ing around





Hiking for my birthday!!

Unfortunately yesterday I turned the ripe-old age of 28 (I'm definetely without question in my LATE 20s- SCARY!!). Every birthday since I've turned 25 has gotten more and more depressing. But we celebrated in style. We went on the Limber Pine hike up Logan Canyon in the morning, saw Angels and Demons (it was so exciting to see pictures of Rome), ate at Cafe Rio and culminated the evening with ice cream pie- one of my very most favorites!!

Matt decided to get me some new bed sheets for my birthday. I guess he figured the sheets we had (which are the same sheets we got when we were married 6 years ago) needed to be replaced. I thought the holes that had developed in them over the last few weeks were charming but Matt disagreed- go figure. He also got me a book about the Berlin Wall, which was one of my favorite things I learned about on our vacation.(I'm so excited to read it!!)

The best part of my birthday though was being able to spend the whole day with Matt and Ethan.

1 comment:

Brooke Jackson said...

Allie, I miss you guys! We need to go camping or dinner or something.