Saturday, August 29, 2009

Ethan's New Baby Brother



Much to my surprise I went into labor on Thursday, August 27th. I really had geared up for going full term so I was pleasantly surprised when I woke up at 6:00 am with contractions. To keep myself busy until I felt like it was time to head to the hospital I packed my bags and finished cleaning the house. Midge and Brent came up to watch Ethan and Matt and I headed to the hospital around 9:00. It was a great delivery- that is once I got my epidural. I only had to push through one contraction and little Jackson Brandon Lund was born at 11:47. He weighed 7 lbs 8 oz and was 19 in long- PERFECT!!! :)

Note of clarification: I know most of you probably think we named our little guy after Michael Jackson, and as tempting as that was it really isn't true. We just happened to love the name Jackson (or perhaps I loved the name Jackson and Matt conceded) Oh and I guess we should also clarify that no, he wasnt's named after Jackson on Hannah Montana either. :)

It feels weird to have another little kid. I feel like I'm having flash backs of Ethan. And I keep calling Jackson Ethan too. I'm not sure what Ethan thinks of having a little brother. He came up to the hospital on Thursday afternoon with Midge and Brent. At first he didn't show much interest in Jackson, or to me for that matter. But he slowly warmed up and pretty soon he was holding Jackson, patting him on his back, and giving him lots of kisses. Ethan was a good older brother trying to share his graham crackers and drink with him, but totally didn't understand as we tried to explain to him that babies only drink milk. We tested Etahn to see if he was willing to give up his coveted blanket, but he had no interest in sharing that. I think the real test will be if Ethan lets Jackson play with Woody or not. Any bets?



6 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh YAY! We can't wait to meet him! Congratulations guys!

Julliana Lund said...

He's so cute! I'm dying to meet him and have a little something for him.

Dan and Ash said...

Dan and I want to come up soon!! I love his dark hair!!! We love you all and Congrats!!!!!

Alison said...

We are so happy for you and your new little bundle of joy! He is adorable! Ethan is going to be a great big brother to Jackson.
Alison & Layne

the Kates said...

he is such a handsome boy! Ethan looks so grown up in those pictures... yeah for the lunder gunders!!

Scott and Angie said...

He's handsome. It looks like he likes "tummy time." Ethan soon won't need his Woody doll anymore because he'll have JB to drag around.

Love you all!