Friday, April 11, 2008

Mmm Mmm Good!

It seems that the harder I try to keep Ethan clean while he eats the messier he gets. But then I tell myself, it's ok for him to get messy right? It's a developmental thing. He's just exploring his world.

I tell myself:
It's ok that he splashes around in his cup of water.
It's ok that he ends up spitting out half of the water he drinks onto his shirt.
And it's ok that he backwashes when I let him drink out of my cup.
It's ok for him to steal the spoon and dump his cereal all over himself.
It's ok when he puts his hand in his yams and then wipes it all over his highchair, hair and pants.
And it's ok that he blows a raspberry right when I've filled his mouth up with peaches.


Is it ok? Or do I have "I'm a new mom...take advantage of me!" written across my forehead?

2 comments:

Launi Walker said...

Really can't believe how big Ethan has grown! I agree with you, but I think my forhead reads: "Pushover".

Scott and Angie said...

I think you have "I'm a new mom...take advantage of me!" written across your forehead. I can't tell you how excited I am that your blogging. Ethan is so adorable. I'm glad you and Matt went first so I can watch and learn.