Sunday, January 11, 2009

SUPER-ETHAN


Ethan is our little wild man. He's all boy and sometimes that worries us. He loves to climb, wrestle, run around and create havoc (those poor nursey leaders in just 2 weeks- but whose counting). The other day I left him alone in his bedroom for what I thought was 30 seconds. When I came back I found him sitting on top of his changing table. That was the last time he was left alone in his room.
Here's a little sample of his mad climbing skills :)




We enjoyed our first Christmas morning in our home since leaving Utah 3 yrs ago. Ethan's favorite gift was a basketball hoop which we couldn't pry him from to open his other presents. But luckily he has shown interest in his other gifts over the past few weeks. I felt ambitious over the holidays and made Ethan and oversized pillow for reading books on-which to most people is easy; for me it's ambitious. (It only took me 3 tries and a living room full of stuffing pieces everywhere) I have to admit I was a little sad when he didn't look twice at it on Christmas morning. But, now he will use it sit on for reading and loves looking at the different balls on the fabric.



Our latest adventure happened last week at the mall play area. It was pretty crowded and Ethan gets a little shy. He finally decides to play and this cute little girl starts to hug him. Ethan immediately begins an ear-piercing scream. As a first-time, nieve parent I'm thinking- "He doesn't want a hug from a girl...Oh, and there she is trying to give him a kiss...isn't that so cute." It took about 10 minutes before my brain kicked in and I saw the battle wounds. She was biting and scratching him. So, Ethan had his first cat fight and yes, he lost to a girl. We're now in training.


1 comment:

the Kates said...

oh my goodness!!!! I can't believe that happened to little Ethan. Looks like you had a great Christmas and I LOVE your pillow- can you teach me???